Bribie Island Soccer Football Club, known as Bribie Tigers, was established in 1977 to offer the community the opportunity to learn and play football at a local field. Bribie Tigers was initially associated to Football Brisbane before switching to Sunshine Coast Football in 1999. With the structural changes that are occurring from the 2022 season within Football Queensland, the Club will be moving to play in the new Metro North Zone of Football Queensland.
Through its dedicated volunteers working in a range of roles from coaching to facilities management, from canteen and bar to the management committee, the Club not only offers the opportunity to play football, but also provides an environment in which young people are able to learn a range of life skills including team work, communication skills, the building and sustaining of friendships, fair play and the importance of exercise to name a few.
After over 40 years of operation, the club has won a vast array of trophies and awards including numerous fair play awards and boasts a rich history of competitive football, having taken home a number of Premiership wins.
Over the past few years, the Club has seen significant growth in its membership. The Club now offers a wide range of programmes, taking players from age 3 on our Kick off programme, to those aged over 55 for Walking Football. In total there are currently over 33 teams wearing the black and gold Tigers colours.
Our Goals & Objectives
- To be a sought-after destination in relation to player development with benchmark measures in place in all aspects of coaching and junior development, refereeing and club administration.
- To provide opportunities for all coaches, players, administrators and referees at the club to be able to develop to their potential.
- To promote a positive culture and leadership.
- To promote as a strong community value our stance on non-violent behaviour and positive role modelling for young people.
- To build our facility and support the participation of our members to achieve the best possible outcome in our competition.
- To increase support from and strengthen our place in the Bribie Island sporting community including improving connections with our supporters.
- To help our players fulfil their potential at whatever level that may be.
- To provide stability and growth for our club through effective governance and transparent decision-making.
Our Management Committee
Bribie Island Soccer Football Club is overseen by elected voluntary Management Committee. The committee sets the broad direction for the club and coordinates the following operations:
- General Operations
- Grant applications
- Ground maintenance
- Running of the canteen and clubhouse
- Grounds and facilities improvements
- Administration operations
- Governance of Club rules and guidelines
Members of the Management Committee are elected at an annual general meeting (AGM) held in July each year. The conduct of the committee is governed by the club’s rules of association.
Full Legal Name
Bribie Island Soccer Club Inc.
Yes, since 1 Dec 2015
7402 Since 5 July 1990
Street & Postal Addresses
Visit our Contact Page
Local Government Authority
Morton Bay Regional Council
Lease from Council